Friday Flyer - August 16, 2019
13- Club Leader Training- 6 pm CALLAHAN
15- 4-H Association Meeting- 10 am CALLAHAN
16- SRTLC Registrations Due
22- Youth Emergency Team Interest Meeting- at EOC (5:30-6:30 pm) 26-29- Agent at EPAF Conference
28- Youth Leadership Nassau Applications Due
1- Livestock Entry Deadline (submit to NEFL Fair PO Box 1070, Callahan, FL 32011)
2- Labor Day Holiday- Office Closed
6- YET applications due
14- Alligator Farm, St. Augustine w/Zooming In Club
17- Poultry Judging Workshop 4-5:15 pm
19-22 Southern Regional Teen Leadership Conference (SRTLC)
24- Poultry Judging Workshop 4-5:15 pm
1- Poultry Judging Workshop 4-5:15 pm
10-20- NEFL Fair
4-H er of the year, Madison Stevenson!
Madison is an active member of several programs and clubs and constantly strives to do more for her community. Madison has graduated and served as a mentor for the Youth Emergency Team, is President of County Council, led educational workshops for her peers at the local, State, and Regional events, help organize donations and service for the animal shelter, teaches youth in camps, competes in speech and judging contests, and so much more! She shows goats and sheep in the fair and incredibly talented in anything art related. She consistently is a member that we can rely on to help with any project. Madison is confident, responsible, kind, talented, and an overall incredible example of what it means to be a 4-H’er. Congratulations!
August 20th 4:30-7 pm
We ask that all clubs have a representative to host their booth for this event. This volunteer does not have to be a club leader, but should be someone who is comfortable sharing the goals and details of your club with new and returning 4-H families. Please include some type of interactive element to your booth such as a game or craft. This is also a great chance for you to re-sign up your own children for 4-H. There will be a station for registering through 4-H online, along with our petting zoo, snow cone truck, and other activity stations. Please invite any friends you may know who are interested in learning more about 4-H!
2019 Fair Information
- October 10-20
- All animal entry forms must be submitted to the NEFL Fair (PO Box 1070, Callahan FL 32011) By: 9/1/2019. Fair books are available at the Extension Office.
Please do not bring your entry forms to the Extension Office. They must go to the fair office.
- A reminder to be our best selves at the fair
- all participants must be re-enrolled in 4-H Online and be paid members to show animals.
- What are Fair Points and how do I get a form?
- Mandatory Market Meeting 9/17 at the Multi-Purpose Building, 10 am
- 10/9 Receive dairy goats, dairy cattle, poultry, and rabbits
- 10/10 Enter Exhibits for Home Arts, 8am - 5pm. Judged 10 am on 10/11
- 10/14 Poultry Judging Contest, registration opens at 5:30 pm
- 10/15 receive youth market animals, 12 - 4pm
- 10/18 Livestock Judging, registration opens 8:30 am
- Looking to bring home the blue? Here's some tips!
Poultry Judging Workshop
- Hosted by the wonderful Mrs. Wanda!
- 9/17, 9/24, and 10/1 from 4-5:15 at the Callahan Extension Office
- Youth must attend all sessions to be eligible for the next year's fair point
Livestock Judging Workshop
- September 30, 6pm - Callahan Extension Office
- October 7, 6pm - Florida Horse Ranch
- Youth must attend BOTH sessions to be eligible for the next year's fair point
- This year we will have give-a-ways!
- Hippology is the study of horses. That's right, a place just to geek out over equines! We will cover a myriad of topics including anatomy, physiology, behavior, equipment, management, and training. Hippology is designed for youth ages 8+ and offers a state competition for youth ages 11 and up. Our meetings are mixed between classroom learning and hands-on lessons with our partnership barn, Appy Acres.
- For more information about this program, contact Ms. Kelsey at 904-530-6354 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Southern Regional Teen Leadership Conference
- Who: 4-H Members aged 14-18 (4-H age)
- When: September 19-22, 2019
- Registration Opens: July 29, 2019
- Registration Closes: August 16, 2019
- No late registrations will be accepted.
- Where: Clyde M. York 4-H Center Crossville, Tennessee
- Cost: $275 includes travel to Tennessee and a t-shirt.
- Scholarship available, contact Ms.Kelsey for more info!
What to Expect at SRTLC
- Leadership Training
- Workshops on a variety of topics from Cooking, Leadership, Shooting Sports, Environmental Science, Teambuilding, and More
- A Night of Culture (in past years we have attended a musical or play at the Cumberland County Playhouse)
- Meet 4-H Members from more than 12 statesSample foods from across the southeast during the Taste of States
- Dances, Game Nights, Campfires, Team Sports, and MoreDo you have drawers full of old 4-H Shirts? Exchange your gently used 4-H T-Shirts for shirts from another state!
- Multi-State Service Projects
- Have a project or program that you are excited about? You have the opportunity to lead a workshop and share your knowledge with others!
Youth Emergency Team
- The Nassau County Youth Emergency Team is an award winning program available to all Nassau County Residents ages 11+. The YET program teaches youth fundamentals of emergency and disaster response such as: fire suppression, hands-only CPR, animal sheltering and handling, search and rescue, first aid, and more!
- The program is FREE and offers youth 25+ community service and a fair point.
- All meetings are held at the Nassau County Emergency Operations Center in Yulee.
- Interest Meeting is August 22 from 5:30-6:30 and Registrations are due by September 6th
- Get your application HERE
- For the full schedule, click HERE
Youth Leadership Nassau
- YLN is an award winning, premier teen program open to High school and Home School Sophomores and Juniors throughout the county who want to challenge themselves.
- The objectives of the program are to develop leadership qualities in youth, while presenting in-depth programs that acquaint participants with community needs. It also facilitates interaction between youth and community leaders.
- Applications are due August 28th
Teach The Agent
- Ms. Kelsey is knowledgeable about many things, but there are lots of 4-H'ers that know about topics she doesn't! We are offering up a fair point opportunity to youth who can teach Ms. Kelsey about something.
- The Teach the Agent sessions will need to be scheduled in advance and should last 5-15 minutes. Depending on the topic she is willing to come to you!
Alligator Farm- St. Augustine FL
- Zooming In Photography invites all Nassau Co 4-H'ers and families to join, September 14th
- Time: 10 am
- Fee: $9/per person.
- Please RSVP to Ms. Laura: email@example.com no later than Tuesday, September 10th.