Lately, I've been wishing that I could press a hard reset on my brain. A fresh start. Some kind of clarity. Much of my growth this year has felt more like a failure than a success. Growing pains that leave stretch marks with the strain. A hard reset wasn't available, but I did spend the weekend in the woods. This week, my note is truly short and sweet. Onto some odds and ends:
- The country is chaos: Can you still keep making music? A sweet, lil comic on forging ahead.
- Oh, awards for good boys. Just a very sexy selflove twerkout playlist from adrienne maree brown. Talking about that South Asian misfit life and the role of community during hardship on the latest Almirah Radio.
- Iftar boxes in Detroit. The turmeric slurpee hellscape from 7-Eleven's future. Honey from the Western Ghats, from a flower that blooms only once every 12 years.
- In this powerful photo essay, the Central Park 5 discuss the upcoming mini-series with their on-screen counterparts. College students are going hungry.
- A lovely, tender essay on queerness and boundaries from Rachel Wilkerson Miller. Lessons in grief: "Shift" versus "support" responses.