Wondering where you should place your focus this month? Take a moment to read through my newsletter as I point out the energy patterns for the month of October.
I personally find it helpful to have a point of reference when it comes to aligning my goals, otherwise I have a tendency to scatter my energy in too many areas. Let's find out together what will work best to keep things flowing for you this month!
Elevate Your Consciousness!
Phase 1: Strong Water over Earth brings forth a few things to consider this month:
1. Be clear and concise when communicating your thoughts and opinions with others.
2. Be willing to be flexible and take the path of least resistance. Let go of judging self and others and watch how stress dissipates.
3. Don't give up! Persevere and accept assistance along the path.
4. Be humble and trust things are exactly how they should be.
* Strong water over earth can make us feel ungrounded. This actually has occurred with Hurricane Michael that hit the Florida Panhandle during the month of October, or strong water over earth. The root chakra is inadvertently impacted resulting in an unsteady feeling. Move slower and engage in earth activating practices like standing yoga poses, meditation, qi gong, tai chi or tending to your plants and herbs.
Phase 2: Metal from Heaven:
The trigram known as Qian is centrally located for the month of October. Metal is the parent of water and the child of earth. Therefore, the string of elements this month is in flow without resistance. To fully benefit from this energy, keep your focus as follows:
1. The destination is inside. This is the only focus you need to thrive and recognize who you are and your gifts.
2. Remember to breathe. With every inhalation you take in divine source. With every exhalation you serve others.
3. Focus on those who you want to emulate, then apply that information to your life so you can in turn mentor others.
4. Be open to new opportunities and be willing to travel outside your comfort zone to find them.
5. Resources will find you when you approach things from a child-like perspective. Absorb what is around you as if you are seeing and feeling it for the first time.
6. Keep your goals aligned to your spirit. The only way to do this is to remain in one-pointed focus. You must close the other windows of your mind to achieve that.
7. Incorporate earth and metal elements in the northwest portent of your home to build and assist this heavenly energy. (Visit my website:www.fengshuiyoganj.com to view publications to assist you with the elements).
Food to Incorporate This Month:
To remain in flow with the elemental energy configuration this month, it is beneficial to incorporate Earth, Metal and Water Foods in your diet.
Sample Earth Foods:
- Fennel - Figs - Bananas - Nuts - Zucchini
Sample Metal Foods:
- Celery Root - Onions - Turnips - Rice
Sample Water Foods:
- Fish - Seeds - Quinoa - Bean Sprouts - Butternut Squash
Simple Soup Recipe that Captures the Elements:
In a soup pot add the following:
- Vegetable broth
- Lots of chopped carrots
- Finely chopped zucchini
- Finely chopped squash
- Minced garlic
- Chopped onion
- 1 can 28 oz crushed tomato
Salt, pepper, basil and oregano to taste
Garnish with pumpkin seeds, fresh basil or arugula
Sautee the vegetables until tender in vegetable broth, then add in crushed tomato and seasoning. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes. Your choice to use an immersion blender to create a smooth and creamy soup. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, fresh basil or arugula and serve with toasted pita and a glass of red wine!