June: The Journey Forward
The journey forward is the theme for the month of June. The combination of water, earth and fire with additional earth found in the horse month branch, bodes well for taming the peaking fire element for the upcoming Summer Solstice.
In today's newsletter, I'll review the qualities of these elements and the best way to navigate through them for best results.
Elevate Your Consciousness!
This month the one water element takes front and center. Water is in direct opposition to the fire quality of June. The two elements come together to form steam. In essence, steam can be viewed as prana, chi, life force that comes to rise in a new form.
Everything that was created, developed and matured now experiences its own dissolution. On the flip side, the fire element reaches its peak this month representing the summer solstice. The action of fire is to expand, illuminate and bring clarity to our vision and goals that are hopefully in alignment with our soul's mission.
Putting the Two Together:
The benefit of water is adaptability. Regardless of the circumstances that arise on your journey, water can fit in and play the part. Paying attention to your intuition, and listening to what others have to say will help in moving the energy forward. This is important, as there is a tendency for things to change easily under the influence water, especially when it comes to career.
The fire element is reaching peak this month with the upcoming summer solstice. Everything expands, widens and comes to light. There is a strong discriminating awareness to lead, communicate and mastermind ideas and situations. You can use these qualities to further develop your direction, goals and passions.
Earth to Fire - Pillars:
Earth rises above the fire horse pillar this month, and in doing so, creates stability. The rotational quality of earth gives the fire room to expand. This bodes well for making decisions.
The earth horse combination adds the aspects of caution and perceptivity when making changes this month. These are wonderful qualities to take advantage of when evaluating your next move, especially since the power of fire can cause us to react instead of respond when situations arise.
The one water star represents the north portent of your environment. Here are a few pointers for this direction:
- Add a moving water feature such as a table-top water fountain.
- Incorporate cascading or curved patterns and shapes.
- Add metal decorative elements to build the water quality.
- Powerful images such as building or bridges in artwork. Water scenes also will bodes well.
One- water element prefers metal and water foods such as celery, onion, turnips, fish, seaweed, fennel, cabbage and eggplant. Try to incorporate these foods into your menu this month to absorb metal and water energy; two elements that work side-by-side. Furthermore, it will help to cool down the peaking fire element of the summer solstice.
Other Areas of Concern:
When one-water is the highlight trigram for the month, the remaining trigrams move to different positions. On a very basic level, we are able to see how other aspects of our life take on this moving energy. Here are some things to consider:
- When it comes to family this month, there are plenty of rich resources to spend time together. Take advantage of this powerful star and engage in family-time!
- Wealth and finances are illuminated this month. There is opportunity for financial gain. Make sure your goals are in alignment with planned expenses. Then, take the rest and bank it!
- Creative business venture is available to you this month. Think outside the box for best outcome.
- Partner up in networking this month. Male and female combination is most effective.
- You may be called to travel or take the lead in business/career this month. Go for it as it is a powerful combination for success.
- Reading, literature, writing are all components for self-study and meditation practice this month.
Helpful poses for the water trigram this month are as follows:
- Child's pose
These will all help to cool down the heat from fire peaking. Poses that tend to heat us up are:
- Revolved half moon
- Devotional warrior
- Bird of paradise
- Side plank
Take time to check out my summer solstice video! I do this ceremony every year. This video was filmed last year. I wanted to post it before the solstice so you can get an idea of how you can celebrate this powerful time of the year!