You can still join the Speaking Challenge!
If you need to improve your Speaking score in the IELTS test, I've created this November challenge to:
All you need to do is...
- increase your fluency and confidence
- help you extend your answers and speak for longer
- give you lots of ideas of what you can talk about
- improve your pronunciation
- practice choosing the right tense
- develop your independent study skills so you can practise at home
- get you to Band 7 criteria of someone who 'speaks at length without noticeable effort'
If you want to, you can...
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook to get a daily question
- Print off the Progress Log
- Speak for 1 minute
- Record yourself
- Listen to your recording
- That's it!
Keep an eye on my website...
- Post your recording (as a video or audio) in the private Facebook group
- Or post the video in your Instagram feed with #ielts1min so we can all listen to it!
I'll post updates on grammar/vocab/pronunciation tips we've learnt from the challenge.
This week we're focusing on Present Perfect questions like
and we're practising Present Perfect and Past Simple answers like
- 'Have you ever been on holiday by yourself?'
If you need more help with improving your Speaking, I have a course on Speaking and Pronunciation in the Members Academy.
- 'Yes I've travelled alone many times'
- 'Last year I went away for a week without my family.'
On my website and podcast this week, you can improve your Reading with
- a General Training Reading about Snake Oil that practices Matching Headings
- a General Training Reading about Getting a Pay Rise that practices True/False/Not Given
In the Facebook group this week, you can learn about
Get a certificate!
We voted on the best certificate for the Speaking Challenge or the Members Academy! See the results below!
That's all for today - hope you have a great week!
PS Did you know I have a free podcast for all of my lessons if you haven't got time to read them?! You can get my podcast on 12 different apps - click here to find one that suits you best.
🍾If you've done amazingly well and got the score you need, please UNSUBSCRIBE below. No hard feelings. I am really happy for you!
📮And if you know anyone else who might benefit from my advice and emails, please share this with them!
💌If you missed any newsletters, you can find them all here.
👩🏽🏫If you're thinking about joining the Members Academy, I'd love to have you there - all levels welcome.
📕I also put lots more IELTS Topics links on Facebook, and you can find them below or on my Vocabulary Resources Page on my website.